HOMEBUILDERS targets families with children birth to age 17 that meet the following criteria:
- At least one child is at imminent risk of out-of-home placement or is in placement and cannot be reunified without intensive in-home services.
- The child could remain in the home and not be at risk of imminent harm if intensive in-home services were provided.
- At least one parent is willing to meet with the HOMEBUILDERS therapist.
- The family is available to participate in an intensive, four- to six-week intervention.
- Less intensive services would not sufficiently reduce the risk of placement or facilitate reunification, are unavailable, or have been exhausted.
- If a child is referred for reunification, the child will be returned to the family within seven days of the start of services.
For the purposes of the HomVEE review, this profile is based on developer recommendations and studies of programs that target children from birth to age 5.