Implementing HOMEBUILDERS (Birth to Age 5)®
Implementation last updated: 2011
The information in this profile reflects feedback, if provided, from this model’s developer as of the above date. The description of the implementation of the model(s) here may differ from how the model(s) was implemented in the research reviewed to determine this model’s evidence of effectiveness. Inclusion in the implementation report does not mean the practices described meet the HHS criteria for evidence of effectiveness. Similarly, models described here may not all have impact studies, and those with impact studies may vary in their effectiveness. Please see the Effectiveness button on the left for more information about research on the effectiveness of the models discussed here.
Training to support implementation
Pre-service staff training
- Therapists accompany the supervisor on one complete intervention, with the supervisor taking primary responsibility for the intervention.
- The supervisor accompanies therapists on the first intervention for which the therapist assumes primary responsibility for the intervention.
- If there is more than one new therapist to be trained at a time, the supervisor may complete these initial interventions with each therapist sequentially.
- The supervisor attends intake sessions with therapists for at least three subsequent interventions.
- The supervisor works with therapists to create professional development plans, which include identification of training needs and resources to meet these needs.
In addition, the Institute of Family Development offers a variety of training workshops for practitioners; however, no information is available to indicate whether staff implementing HOMEBUILDERS are required to attend the workshops.
The information contained on this page was last updated in April 2011. Recommended Further Reading lists the sources for this information. In addition, the information contained in this profile was reviewed for accuracy by the Institute for Family Development on April 5, 2011. HomVEE reserves the right to edit the profile for clarity and consistency.