- Where can I find a list of models that meet the HHS criteria for evidence-based models?
- Is there a list of models initially reviewed but that did not meet the requirements?
- Will the information on implementation of models be available to states?
- Do you include training and other on-going training costs?
- Were birth outcomes/newborn outcomes included, such as preterm birth, low birth weight?
- Are there any plans to categorize research that is in progress on these models? That would be very helpful for those of us considering submission of a promising approach as part of our state program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Information available on the website
Information on implementation of models is available in the implementation profile for each model. The implementation profiles contain an overview of the model and information about developers’ recommendations regarding prerequisites for implementation, training, materials and forms, program costs, and model contact information. The profiles also include a section on implementation experiences; this information was extracted from stand-alone implementation studies and causal studies with a moderate or high rating. These profiles can be accessed through the Implementation tab.
The implementation profiles on each model include information about training and training costs to the extent that the information was available. Specific topics include requirements for certification, pre-service training, in-service training, training materials, qualified trainers, technical assistance, and training and technical assistance costs. This information is available in the training and estimated costs sections of each implementation profile. Profiles can be accessed through the Implementation tab.
Yes. Detailed information about preterm birth, low birth weight, and newborn outcomes that were measured can be found in the Child Health section of the Effects Shown in Research section of each model report. The reports can be accessed through the Research tab. All outcomes in the Child Health domain combined across models can be accessed through the Outcomes tab.
Are there any plans to categorize research that is in progress on these models? That would be very helpful for those of us considering submission of a promising approach as part of our state program.
No. The HomVEE project does not have consistent information about research underway on home visiting models. States seeking information about research in process on specific models should contact the model developer or purveyor directly.