To conduct a thorough and transparent review of the home visiting research literature, HomVEE follows seven main steps:
- Conduct a broad literature search.
- Screen studies for relevance.
- Prioritize program models for the review.
- Rate the quality of impact studies with eligible designs.
- Assess the evidence of effectiveness for each model.
- Review implementation information for each model.
- Address potential conflicts of interest.
To have a complete understanding of possible program effects, the review must include all relevant research to date on program models. Thus reviews of new models and updates of existing models systematically include all of the aforementioned steps. HomVEE releases the results of its review by September 30 of each year.